Ragging is a Criminal Offence
(As per the Supreme Court Verdict)
Ragging is a criminal offence and is totally prohibited on the campus of GDC Kotranka. It shall invite punishment to a student, found involved in this unlawful act. The severity of punishment shall be determined by the college Anti-Ragging Committee.
WHAT COMPRISES RAGGING
Any of the following acts by a student, within or outside the campus, in all means of transportation of students whether public or private, shall be declared an incident of ragging:
- Such of the conduct by any student or students through words spoken or written, emails or posts or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Rowdy behavior or activities by a student or students which cause or are likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Making a student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student
- Any such act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher
- Forcing a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students
- Indulgence in financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person
- Behaviour or act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
PUNISHMENT FOR RAGGING
The College Administration, on the recommendations of Anti-Ragging Committee may, may award one or more of the following punishments, to the student found guilty of ragging:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation processes.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international event.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- Mention of remarks, associated with the offense related to ragging, on college Leaving Certificate / Migration Certificate
The student / students should feel free to call immediately to call college administration and bring any such act of ragging to the notice of Anti Ragging Committee. For necessary help, guidance and immediate action, students can also call:
Convener College Anti-Ragging Committee: Dr. Mohd Mushtaq (Mobile no: 9821165604)
Police Station Kotranka: SHO (Mobile no: 7006364764)
TOLL FREE NO: 1800-180-5522