A - Examination pattern for Semester I to V
The 3 year B. A. Degree Programme shall be spread over 6 semesters, with 2 semesters in each year. On completion, each semester will have an external examination which is referred to as 'End Semester Examination'.
There shall be supplementary examination for Semester V and VI only.
B- Eligibility, Pass Percentage and Promotion Criteria under Semester System
- A student shall be eligible for End Examination provided he / she has attended not less than 75 % of the lectures delivered in each course in theory and in practical classes conducted separately.
- The minimum marks required to pass each paper in a semester examination shall be 36 % of the total marks in each theory paper, practical (wherever applicable) and Internal Assessment separately.
- A student will be eligible for promotion from semester I to II and from Semester III to IV and V to VI if he / she has
- Secured pass marks in Internal Assessment of Semester I / III/V
- Has appeared in at least one paper of Semester I/III / V examination.
- Similarly, a student shall be eligible for promotion from Semester II to III, and Semester IV to V provided he / she has passed at least 75 % papers of theory and practical of Semester I / III /V as the case may be.
- A student will be eligible for promotion from Semester V to VI provided he / she has passed an all subjects / papers of Semester I and III.
- Provided that a student who does not fulfill the promotion criteria iii), iv) and v) as above shall be declared fail in the Semester concerned. However, he / she shall have the option to retain the marks in the papers in which they have secured Pass marks.
- A student who has to reappear in a paper / subject prescribed for Semester I to IV shall appear in the subsequent examination to be held as per the dates prescribed by the University of Jammu.
- A student who has to reappear in a paper prescribed for Semester V and VI shall appear in the supplementary examination.